Talk about cabin fever.
When your confined to the walls of a hospital for over 2 weeks, it can really get to you. I'm here by choice, I'm not on lock down or anything lol I'm just here to support my mom, stay on top of what the doctors are telling us (and not telling us), make sure she gets the meds she needs and also the ones she doesn't need anymore.
Sure, there's food, TV, you can always read a book, the newspaper gets delivered everyday, so there's that...other than that, a walk down to the cafeteria to get some coffee is the extent of my day. I spend a lot of time researching alternatives to the toxic med known as Chemo. I've read plenty of survivor stories, of people that have gone an all natural route and been just fine without it. I know God will reveal the proper means of treatment within His time.
Plus side to being in the hospital is you can call the nurse if you need just about anything, which is fine until they forget about you. That gets frustrating.
Especially when it comes to medication for your mom. Example: meds were due at 9:30 last night. I paged the nurse, the aid came in and asked what we needed, I told her we need to speak to the nurse about getting mom's meds as they were due at 930 and we are trying to keep with a schedule. She said she'd let the nurse know. ........1 hour goes by.
I call the nurse for the second time, again the aid comes. Tells me that the nurse will be in shortly. Nurse finally comes in 15 min later, so now an hour and 15 minutes we've been waiting. Just to tell us that she can't even have her pain meds because her blood pressure was to low.
Now, why. Why would you not simply relay that message to the aid instead of leaving us here to let our blood boil as the minutes carry on?
So she says the aid will return to check her blood pressure in about 15 min...OK. 45 min later the aid shows up.
And it wasn't until midnight, 12:15 to be exact, that the meds we're finally administered.
No comments:
Post a Comment